Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's all about the Butts!

I was walking into work, and I was passed by a girl in a wheelchair screaming and a deputy pushing her, he was taking her to the infrimary area. I knew at that time...I should have called in sick!

Well come to find out she had a prolapsed rectum! ( The walls of the rectum protrude thru the anus and hence become visible outside the body) Or in other words EWWWWW! look up the picture on Wikipedia and you will die of grossness!

I guess this happed before I came in and the nurse had pushed it back up, because you can do that, and she was scheduled to be seen by the doctor the next day. She continued to scream and cry in her cell so she was moved down to medical to be observed until she could be seen by the doctor.

then I get called over there about 30 min later and she was sitting on the toilet and it had prolapsed again. I have never pushed a rectum back up into someone before, I could see it protruding outside her "area" so I used a clean chux pad and pushed it back in all the while she is screaming in my ear and pushing out which would not let it back in, she would not stand on her own and the deputy had to hold her up, I had to yell at her to quit screaming and relax a little so it could go back in. She quit pushing and I was able to push it back in, then I put a pad in her underwear and had her lay on her side so i could go call the doctor. Well long story short she got some pain meds and I got to push in a prolapsed rectum.

This inmate is only 25 and it is very unlikely for someone that age to have a prolapsed rectum.

Well it's all about the butts:

the other night I was called over again to find an 18 year old boy on the toilet with blood all over -and I quote, "I took a dump and now my butthole is inside out." Well, he was stating that he had 3 inches of his intestines come out and he felt he might pass out. I did a quick rectal look and there was nothing hanging out of him, so I told him to gently wipe and lay on his side, and that hemmroids do hurt. Well he was then seen self induce vomitting by sticking his finger down his throat and then he pushed the emergency button and said that the pain was so bad that he threw up. I'm glad we have cameras everywhere so we know when they are lying!!. This kid is very drug seeking tho, I deal with him almost everynight I work. Anyway, I don't want to talk about butts anymore so that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment