I had to do a blood draw on a man who came into jail on charges of Lewd conduct with a minor under 16. When I see this I don't ask for the story, I would rather not know so that it is easier to treat them. During the blood draw he kept saying how much it hurt and how he's a baby about pain and whatever, he struck me as creepy! All I could think of when he would say things was, I bet that little boy or girl thought the say thing as you violated them, took away a piece of their innocense and trust in others.
Anyway I've seen a lot of inmates come into the jail that were sexually abused, molested at young ages, or raped at older ages and it breaks my heart. I see the damage done by such selfish acts of others.
The house next to our sold a couple months ago and we have only seen the man a couple of times and he seem friendly. Well our other neighbors who have small kids told me that he is a Registered Sex Offender(RSO). I looked it up and he sure is! I'm not really nervous living next to him, but it makes you aware of your surroundings. It does not give details so I try not to wonder to much about his charges.
I know some people who have to register as sex offenders have to because they had Sex with there girlfriend when she was 16 and he was 18. This only happens when the parents or gaurdians press charges, which I have mixed emotions about. A couple of years ago I met this inmate who was a RSO and he told me that he had sex with his 17 year old girlfriend and her parents got upset and charged him (he was 18), so he has to register every year as a RSO. He is married to that girl now and they have 3 kids together. His name will always come with an RSO after it.
No comments:
Post a Comment