Sunday, July 24, 2011

Crazy Knife man

So I was called down to booking to evaluate someone that was "out of control" He was still in the Garage in the patrol car. When I walked in the whole car was rocking back and forth. He was in the back just kicking at the windows and hitting his head on the other window. The deputies lined up to get him out of the car and they had to pull him legs first out of the car then two others grabbed his head and hands. This guy could wrestle! He was small but scrappy. They had to search him for knives because his friend said he had knives all over him. This kid was saying the foulest things you could think of. He was making self harm comments so after about 20min of searching him they put him in the restraint chair, and due to policy I had to check on him physically every 15 min. He sat in that chair for 4 hours!! Of course we rotate his limbs and check his cap refill and breathing, but 4 hours is the longest I have seen someone sit in that chair, and I had to be there the whole time. He would sit there and yell and threaten staff then he would begin to cry and say sorry, then back at threatening staff then back to crying. Eventually they let him out after he calmed down and they felt it safe to let him out.
I tried to upload a video of someone being placed in the restraint chair, not sure if it will work, but there are lots on YouTube.

Here is the Link -THIS IS NOT MY JAIL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZiMjHmHuZI


No comments:

Post a Comment