I was in the medical unit talking with a female deputy, we were talking about surgeries we have had in the past, I was telling her a story about a cyst I had removed and I was on Morphine for the pain and I was having hallucinations about having a tumor growing on my chin, I told her that I was in my CELL and I called out for my mom to come in. Did you catch that? In my Cell, she started laughing so hard and said I didn't know the hospital had cells!! Then I laughed. I realized I was tired. More to come...
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Introduction....
This blog is was created to give me a spot to share some experiences from my work, more for me to release a sense of frustration that comes with the job. I am a Licensed Practical Nurse, I work with Law enforcement in a jail setting. It comes with some perks, like getting out of tickets, but it also comes with Heartache a feeling of sadness and Frustration. There is a medical unit in the jail that is composed of Doctors, PA, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Assistants, Certified Nurses Assistants....and Jail Security. This is much Different than working in a Hospital, which I have done in the past. Staff safety is the first rule, then patient or inmate safety is next. The Deputies will make is safe for us medical staff to enter a room/cell before we can work on the patient/inmate. I find that my personal life has changed dramatically since working at the jail, I now check before getting out of my car to see what is or who is around me. I believe I have become more paranoid, but I also feel like a stronger person. To start things off here is a story from the other night.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment