Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Suicide
We get a lot of people that come into the jail stating that they have tried to commit suicide in the past. I never really thought about that before working here. I get calls from the deputies stating that this person has thoughts of hurting herself or himself. So then I have to talk to them, there is a diffrence when someone is just frustrated and says it out of fear, or anger, but there is actually people that come in that have plans to carry it out. When I talk to theses people that are actually considering it, I can see the emptiness in there eyes, the attitude of "whatever" "it doesn't matter anymore" I long to help them find some happiness. I'm not happy all the time, but I have never thought that ending my life would help the situation. I hate that this turmoil is satisfying for them to dwell in such darkness. I believe that our childhood and our parents have a Vital role in how we grow up. A lot of these inmates have children. The older inmates have children in jail with them. It makes me so greatefull for my mom and the hard work she did in raising 6 kids by herself, though we all have problems and have made mistakes, we knew we were loved by her. I honesly belive she was the best mom out there. Sorry this post is totally random. I know I'm rambling on about diffrent things, but it's 330 in the morning and i'm a little tired. Point of this post is that Suicide is a real thing that affects a lot of people that I deal with, and it hurts my heart that they lean toward that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment