Saturday, February 26, 2011

Throwing up blood

SO I get called down to Booking to evaluate this guy who was brought in by a bail bonds bounty hunter. This patient was tazed 4 times while running from the bounty hunter, he was jumping over fences and hiding behind trees. Well they evetually tackled him to the ground. The hospital took 4 probes from a tazer out of his stomach before they brought him to jail. I get called because the deputy states that this patient was throwing up blood. They saved the vommit in the toilet just for me to see. It did not look like blood to me. I went ove to talk to him.... this is how it went.......

Me: What have you eaten today?

him: Nothing

Me: you haven't eaten anything all day?

him: Nope

Me: Well what have you had too drink today?

him: nothing

Me: Nothing, you have not eaten or drank anything all day?

him: well I did have some water, I got arrested while I was going out to get something to drink.
my stomach hurts really bad.

Me: Well you were just tazed 4 times, it's going to hurt for a few days. Have you had any
alcohol or illegal drugs?

him: No I don't do that stuff...

Well come to find out his bloody vommit was not bloody, but he decided to eat some tabacco chew and that is what made it look bloody. He continued to throw up until this nice nurse got orders for Phenergan.

No comments:

Post a Comment