Working nights, I am the only Medical staff on duty from 2300-0600. I find myself drinking at least 88oz of water a night, so I need to go often. There is a nice private bathroom in our HSU for employees only. We have to wear radios for any calls for medical. Well... Sometimes while I'm going to the bathroom I get called on the radio, so...
1) I hurry up and finish my business, then aswer the radio...or
2) I'm not done so I just say that I'm 10-6 which means busy at the moment, and everyone knows what I'm doing...or
3) I don't aswer at all.
I have done all 3 of these. I'm always nervous to go to the bathroom, One night I didn't hear the call for me, and I was walking out when I got done then I heard the Central Operator say "Does anyone have a eye on Nurse ....." I Calmly states that I was Code 4 which means I was safe. If I don't answer the calls they send out a Security Crew to find me and make sure I'm safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment